If you are planning to buy a laptop that can run a program like AutoCAD, then you must keep in mind that you will have to spend a high budget. The laptops have high-end specifications and are different from typical laptops available in the market. Architects most commonly use the laptops that can run AutoCAD programs, and our team of experts has done an extensive research to find the best laptops for running AutoCAD. These laptops have powerful processors, have a good memory, and have functional storage space. In this guide, you will have the option to choose the laptop that suits your needs. The laptops are reliable and will be able to serve all your needs.
Best Laptops for running AutoCAD
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming PC Laptop
- DELL XPS 15 – 9550 I7 6700HQ 3.5GHZ 16GB
- Lenovo ThinkPad P53 Mobile 4G WWAN UHD Workstation
- Lenovo ThinkPad P73 Home and Business Laptop
- Dell Precision M5530 Laptop
- Dell Precision M7730 Laptop, 17.3inch FHD
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC
- ASUS Vivobook K571 Laptop
8 Best Laptops for running AutoCAD
1. ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming PC Laptop
- 15.6” Full HD 144Hz IPS Type Display | 3ms response time with slim 6.5mm Bezel
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 *(with Max Q technology) | Base: 1101MHz,...
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8750H (up to 3.9GHz) processor
The AUS ROG Zephyrus is an excellent laptop for running AutoCAD, but it might not be a suitable buy for everyone because it is expensive. The laptop price is $1800 and has a lot of high-end features and specifications. Most laptops that can allow you to run AutoCAD have strong and powerful hardware, but this laptop offers the most superior hardware out of all the laptops present on this list. The storage space on this laptop is huge, and the architects can use this space to store their unlimited files. The laptop comes with a 15.6 inch LED display screen, and the laptop is backlit that can allow you to work in the dark conveniently. You don’t have to wake up your kids sleeping in the room and can work while the lights are turned off. The Ultra-slim design of the laptop makes it modern and appealing.
- The 15.6 inches HD display allows you to get a clear and more prominent view
- The best gaming laptop with premium cover
- Comes with a robust aluminum body surface
- Anti-dust tunnels allow preserving coolness and preventing the laptop from overheating
- Customizable Gaming keyboard with backlight
2. DELL XPS 15 – 9550 I7 6700HQ 3.5GHZ 16GB
- Intel Core i7 6700HQ 3.5GHz
- 16GB 2133MHz DDR4
- 512GB NVME SSD
The second laptop on our list is the DELL XPS, which is another great laptop for running AutoCAD. It is persuasive, just like the other laptops on this list, and has a slim and sleek design. The UHD display makes it a modern technology laptop, and the touch screen allows you to work on the laptop conveniently. The display is helpful for users, and the Graphics card in the laptop will enable architects to work smartly and without any issues.
DELL XPS series has gained recognition in a short amount of time because the note series is powerful and fast. The compact and portable laptop can allow you to carry out several tasks without facing any issues. The smooth touch screen and an excellent keyboard make it an excellent buy for people who are looking for a portable laptop that has a powerful processor. If you are a student or an engineer, this laptop will allow you to fulfill all your tasks without any issues.
- Smooth keyboard and a touch screen adds convenience
- 6th generation Intel Skylake Core i7-6700HQ processor
- Best choice for travelers because of its portable size
- Comes with the new technology graphics card
- UHD display screen
- Sleek and slim modern design makes it eye-catching
3. Lenovo ThinkPad P53 Mobile 4G WWAN UHD Workstation
- 9th Gen Intel six Core i7-9750h (12M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz) - 512GB PCIe SSD - 1x...
- 15.6" Uhd 4K (3840x2160) 500nits, anti-glare, Non-Touch Display - NVIDIA Quadro...
- 4G WAN mobile Broadband connectivity (fibocom l850-gl), built in HD 720P Webcam...
The Lenovo ThinkPad is not a commonly seen laptop and is recommended for professionals and business people who need to run robust programs like AutoCAD. It can also be useful for professional gamers that need extra power to play games and beat the levels of the games. The laptop is also used by game developers who need high-end specifications and features to develop games.
The laptop can run at a fast speed if you have Windows 10, and you can buy it within a reasonable budget. Multi-tasking will be a piece of cake if you own this laptop. The laptop can run at high speed while you play a high-end game and also won’t interrupt you to download any intense and powerful program. The laptop is a bit bulky, but it is one of the best performers on our list. It has all the necessary features that laptops with modern technology need to have.
- Qualifies mobile workstation feature
- HD display screen with 1080P resolution
- HDR support with Dolby digital support
- OLED technology with a responsive touch panel
- Multiple ports with an AC adapter
- Matte black lighting
- Elegant and sophisticated design
4. Lenovo ThinkPad P73 Home and Business Laptop
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H 2.60GHz Processor (upto 4.50 GHz, 12 MB SmartCache,...
- 16GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM; Bluetooth 5.0, Ethernet, 720p HD Webcam, Fingerprint,...
- 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) Display; 6-Cell 99 WHr Battery
Lenovo ThinkPad P73 can give the highest level of performance. The company claims that the laptop is Lenovo’s most powerful laptop. The laptop has a 17.3 inches HD display screen and can manage the hardest tasks you throw at it. The processor is multi-core and can give you the best experience ever. The Dolby vision enables you to get a clear view on the screen, and many gamers rate this laptop as their favorite because of the strong visuals it can provide them. The laptop offers multiple ports and promotes high-end connectivity to various devices.
People who are looking for a less expensive laptop that can fulfill all their demands Lenovo ThinkPad might be the one for you. It can run at a fast speed if you have Windows 10. If you have loads of tasks that require a high-end processor and robust hardware, then this laptop might be able to serve you right. The laptop is owned by a lot of professionals who have high demands when it comes to performances by the laptops.
- The design of the Lenovo ThinkPad P73 is slim and sleek
- The graphics performance is outstanding
- An excellent choice for mobile workstation lovers and gamers
- The operating system is pre-installed in this laptop
- Ultra HD display screen and 4K video compatibility
- Incredible storage capacity and RAM that allows it to give a powerful performance
- It comes with 3 USB ports
5. Dell Precision M5530 Laptop
- Intel Core 8th Generation i7-8850H Processor (6 Core, 2.60GHz, Up to 4.30GHz...
- 15.6 inch UltraSharp FHD (1920x1080) IGZO4 Anti-Glare Non-Touch 72% Color Gamut,...
- 32GB DDR4 Non-ECC SDRAM 2666MHz
The Dell precision has a familiar appearance to its other DELL counterparts but can give a better performance than most of the laptops in the market right now. It comes with plenty of features, and you have to pay a premium price to buy the laptop. The mobile workstation is sturdy and also portable, and having these two features together is not an easy thing to create.
The laptop is sturdy and robust and portable and lightweight at the same time, which is a unique feature. The base of the laptop is made with solid material and can last longer. The keyboard is excellent, and it would allow you to reach the maximum typing speed. The touchpad is responsive and is massive in size. The webcam is placed in an awkward position, and that doesn’t allow the angle of your face to show in the right way.
The best thing about this laptop is that it has great speakers. They are loud enough to spread through a conference room. Battery life is good, but it could have been better. If you run media for a long time, there are chances that you run out of battery soon. If you are a gamer, then this laptop might not be suitable for you because gaming requires high battery power.
- The Dell precision is lightweight and has a sleek design
- The 4K touch screen is incredible looking
- The 15.6 touch screen makes it easy to use
- It comes with a one year warranty
- High-end specifications and a quality mobile workstation
- Reliable laptop for running programs like AutoCAD
- Graphic processing specifications are outstanding
6. Dell Precision M7730 Laptop, 17.3inch FHD (1920×1080)
- Intel Xeon E-2176M Processor (6 Core, 2.70 GHz, 12MB Cache, 45W)
- 17.3inch UltraSharp FHD (1920x1080) IPS Anti-Glare Non-Touch 72% color gamut LCD...
- 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz SDRAM Non-ECC Memory
Dell has redesigned some of the laptops with the latest technology and new updates. The Dell Precision M7730 laptop is one of those laptops which have become more powerful and robust after renewal. The screen is 17.3 inches wide, which is good enough for commercial and domestic use. It can give a high-quality performance to the users and is light in weight. The keypad is good quality, and 16 GB RAM provides an excellent storage facility. You can connect it with Bluetooth quite easily. The memory speed is 2.7 GHz, which is high as compared to other products in the market. The laptop is powered by a durable battery, which doesn’t require much time in charging.
- The Dell Laptop comes powerfully packed with Intel Xeon E-2176M
- The screen is 17.3 inches wide, and the HD quality features 1080P
- The memory of this laptop is robust and provides excellent storage capacity
- There is a class 40 solid-state drive attached to it
- As the product has been redesigned, you will get a three-year warranty
- The memory speed is 2.7 GHz
7. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor (Up to 4.5GHz) with Windows...
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display (144Hz...
Are you interested in playing games? Here comes the Acer Predator Helios 300 gaming laptop for your convenience. It will give you everything you need as it’s armed with the best technology of NVIDIA. The Intel Core i7 processor and Ti graphics will blow your mind. 3D fan technology makes the screen very clear. You can enjoy a fun, crisp, entertaining gameplay.
The laptop is filled with killer features, and it has soon become the most preferred choice among people. The gaming sessions will be smooth, and you can enjoy unlimited time of the intense battle and fights. The customizing options are lovely, and you can set everything according to your requirements. You can take control of the lighting and fan speed as well.
The VR headset will make you feel like you are in a different world altogether. The audio quality is top-notch, and once you wear your headset, you will not be affected by the noise around you. No matter how crowded your home is, you will lose in your world.
- The killer double shot pro will allow you to choose different applications on bandwidth
- The VR headset will take you on a ride to the virtual world
- The sound effect is powerful, and you will be immersed in it
- The backlit keyboard is concave shaped
- The headband is adjustable
8. ASUS Vivobook K571 Laptop
- 15.6'' 120Hz Nanoedge Full HD Display
- Powerful Intel Core i7-9750H Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 with Windows 10 Home
ASUS has shown great perfection in designing this model in the best possible manner. Sturdy quality aluminum is used for the design while the color black looks ethereal. The screen pad provides an excellent screenplay for the user, and it is one of the most economical choices. The screen is made of the bezel and is about 15.6 inches. The resolution of 2160 makes it the most preferred choice for AutoCAD and many such designing tasks.
The laptop provides excellent performance and brilliant speed thanks to Intel Core i7. The 8 GB RAM not only offers high storage capacity but enhances the speed as well. The Pro Duo SSD is another excellent feature that offers proper storage too. There are two display and visual modes, and you will see stunning videos and photos on it. The speakers are powerful; that is why they give great audio experience to the user. The one year warranty offered by Dell is beneficial as it will save your money in case there is a repair which needs to be done.
- The ASUS Vivobook is designed for productivity and entertainment
- The laptop is powered with a processor which has the latest Intel Core i7
- The 8GB RAM and GTX 1650 is of high technology
- There are two display modes where the normal way is suitable for daily tasks
- The vivid style will deliver stunning videos and photos
- The round speakers deliver excellent sound quality but eliminate noise
If you are buying a laptop for AutoCAD, you will be confused and will have doubts about which one you should select. With this buying guide, you can clear your head and get rid of these confusions. Most of the people think that it’s the power which should be checked before purchasing one of the best laptops. However, you have to keep all these factors in mind before you make your final choice. Let’s look at the essential features you should see before choosing the best laptops of AutoCAD.
When you are using a laptop, the loads and multi-tasking will be handled by the RAM. The requirement of a powerful RAM becomes even higher when you are using it for AutoCAD. A typical type of software can smoothly run with the RAM, but when you want the best of performance, you will require a better RAM. The storage capacity is also highly dependable on RAM, and if you want a high performance, which is never-ending. You shouldn’t compromise on this feature at all. Usually, the recommended RAM for any standard laptop will be 16 GB. For AutoCAD, 16 GB is good, and even 8GB can work in some cases, but it may give disappointing performance many times. The overall performance of the laptop depends on the kind of RAM used in it.
If you want a laptop for graphic work, then having a powerful graphics card is a necessity. The GPU must have great features that can work best for commercial purposes. There is a built-in GPU that is appropriate for the 2D version. The 3D version gives out a better screen quality and video performance, though, but for that GPU should be sturdier. Although the software works well with a built-in GPU, a discreet one is more like a blessing to make things easier.
If the software is more substantial than usual, then it will require a powerful processor too. The excellent quality processer will help the users to complete their tasks quickly and more smoothly. If you are planning to use AutoCAD on the laptop, make sure the processor is durable, or else it will not give you a smooth performance. The rendering of files will become comfortable when the performance of the computer is fast. In general, the higher the speed, the greater the return will be. You can either go for Intel i7 or i5 processor because anything lower than this means disappointment.
The storage capacity has a lot of impact on the overall performance of the laptop. There are two types of storage, mainly one is SSD, and the other is HDD. The writing speed and reading also depend on the SSD, so if you are interested in AutoCAD to go for this one. The HDD may not work well for such types of files.
Before buying one of the best laptops, all you have to do is check the operating system. Many times compatibility issues arise if you don’t check on the operating system correctly. The developers and graphic designers would prefer windows. Almost 95% of CAD apps and files will be built on windows. If you use MAC, you are in for a disadvantage as it won’t support CAD files much. If we talk about Linux, it is one of the most popular choices among developers as it has got some of the latest features which are suitable for CAD. Every app of CAD can conveniently work on Linux operating system. If you are purchasing a laptop for home use, then you don’t have to worry much as a conventional system can work quite well.
We have reviewed some of the best laptops which the engineers and architects can use for their critical projects. You have also got beneficial tips on how to select good laptops, so there are fewer chances that you will make a mistake. All the laptops we have mentioned above are powerful for handling the engineering tasks. Now it’s up to you what you want to buy. Good luck with finding the best laptops for AutoCAD!