For real-like images and videos, you do not only need a high-end camera because photography is not all about capturing perfect shots. To produce high-quality videos, you need to trim and edit videos, and post editing is a hell of a job. To make it easier, you need the right tools (software) and machines.
Using the right video editing software which is running on the decent hardware can impact your business to a great extent. When you end up choosing the wrong tools and hardware, then you have to tackle annoying touchpads, uncomfortable keyboards and high blood pressure in case of slow exporting of multi-media files.
This is the reason that video editors and filmmakers choose Adobe Premiere for video editing. The next question or hurdle is choosing the right hardware that will work perfectly with Adobe Premiere. When it comes to laptop, many people get confused and make wrong choices because there are so many options available out there with so many variations and qualities.
To render high-resolution videos, many people prefer desktops. But some video editors prefer laptops because of their mobility. In this article, we have developed a list of 10 best laptops for Adobe Premiere so that you can make a better decision.
Let’s cut the wait and jump into the reviews you have been anxiously waiting for:
1: CUK ASUS ROG Strix Scar GL703GS
Editing videos on Adobe Premier and rendering high-quality graphics requires a laptop which can manage this stress load easily and create a smooth-textured video without your laptop heating up. CUK ASUS ROG does just that!
With a whopping 16 GB of RAM complemented by Nvidia’s cutting-edge GeForce GTX 1070, your video editing needs are now completely covered as these specifications are enough to run anything from renders to 3D graphics.
As editors and designers, you might be thinking of getting a solid-state drive soon. Guess what? The CUK ASUS ROG laptop comes with a built-in 500GB SSD drive so you can put your data in it and experience blazing fast speeds in retrievals.
If you’re a lover of crystal-clear displays with silky smooth transitions, the 144Hz screen is equipped with Nvidia’s GSync technology, which makes it possible for the screen to give you an excellent experience.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H Six-cores (9MB Cache, 2.2GHz- 3.9GHz) 45W
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
- Hard Drive: 500GB NVMe Solid State Drive + 1TB 5400rpm Hard Disk Drive
- Display: 17.3″ Full HD IPS 144Hz 3ms Matte Display with G-SYNC (1920 x 1080)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H Six Core Processor (9MB Cache, 2.2GHz-3.9GHz) 45W
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | Hard Drive: 500GB NVMe Solid State Drive + 1TB 5400rpm...
- Keyboard: ASUS AURA SYNC Customizable RGB Gaming Keyboard | Operating System:...
2: ASUS FX504 Thin & Light (Gaming Laptop for Adobe Premiere)
To be honest, Premier requires a high-end laptop to perform optimally and it can be a little expensive. ASUS FX504 is one of its kind as it packs a whole lot of features at an incredibly cheap rate.
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti can perform anything from low-end video displays to high-end 3D model generations. With this, you can make and edit your videos with a whole lot of animations, transitions, and effects, and still ensure quality.
The laptop offers 8GB of RAM which might feel a little less (but, can be upgraded). However, the laptop still outperforms every other gaming or high-end performance laptop in the market.
Another feature is portability. With its small size, it can fit in any bag and you could take it to work without the hassles of a large bag.
The FX504 is equipped with a high-grade anti-dust cooling system which will keep your laptop cool and able to perform even if it’s browsing or video rendering.
- Processor: 8th Generation – Core i7-8750H Processor 2.2 GHz (Up to 3.9 GHz)
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti – 4GB DDR4
- Hard Drive: 256GB Solid State Drive
- Display: 15.6 inches – 1920×1080 maximum display resolution
- Value - comes with gears of War 4 and age of Empires Definitive Edition
- Durability - Dual fans with anti-dust technology. Red-backlit keyboard rated for...
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz) and GeForce GTX...
3: MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US (Laptop for Adobe Premiere Under 1000)
The MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US is a downright steal when prices are compared with the specifications of the product.
With a 7th generation Quad-core i7, the processor churns out excellent performance and lets you have an unparalleled experience.
Not only that, but the processor Is powered with an 8GB RAM and the GeForce GTX 1050Ti, which adds to the overall experience and makes it worth your while.
Most laptops in a similar price range will either leave out the SSD, the HDD or reduce the performance factor of the graphics card. But the MSI GL62M packs it all and fulfill all your editing and video needs.
Adobe Premier won’t lag for a single second as you will enjoy the laptop’s high-resolution displays and won’t have to worry about the performance in terms of RAM or Storage.
A small negative about the laptop (still not enough to balance the positives) is the battery time. If you’re hoping to make use of your laptop to fulfill your editing needs very frequently, you might feel dissatisfied with the battery’s lifetime and need to keep it on AC charging.
- Processor: Quad Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz (Up to 3.8GHz)
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5
- Hard Drive: 128GB solid-state drive + 1 TB hard-drive (5400 RPM)
- Display: 15.6’’ Full HD eDP 1920×1080 Display
- Display: 15.6" Full HD eDP 1920x1080 | Operating System: Windows 10 . Gb LAN
- Processor: Core i7-7700HQ (2.8 - 3.8 GHz). Visualize key system information so...
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4G GDDR5.AC Adapter:150 W adapter
4: Microsoft Surface Book 2
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could just drag and drop your elements and fix small mistakes by interacting with the screen directly? With Microsoft’s Surface Book 2, all such dreams are possible.
Surface Book offers both luxury and functionality through its high-end specifications. Although it’s a tad bit expensive, it still offers a lot to designers and editors.
Other than the touch screen, the laptop is equipped with the GTX 1060 and an enormous 6GB of graphics memory! No other laptop in the price range offers such functionality and believe us, when it’s time to edit, the more the RAM the better the performance of your laptop during such GPU-intensive activities.
To make sure your system doesn’t bottleneck, the GPU is complemented with an 8th generation quad-core i7 which processes at a rate of 4.2 GHz. This is one of the best features as it offers great power and makes sure your laptop is free of performance issues.
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i7-8032 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 16GB RAM 1866 MHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB DDR5 graphics memory
- Hard Drive: 1 TB Storage
- Display: 15’’ touchscreen / Vibrant PixelSense Display – 3260×2160 screen resolution
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Features a 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 Processor,...
- Enhanced Graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete GPU w/6GB...
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 4x more power. Battery type : 4-cell...
5: Eluktronics N850EP6 (Best Gaming Laptop For Adobe Premiere)
As an editor or a designer, you know how hard it is to work with slow and lagging systems. Keeping the exact needs in mind, the Eluktronics N850EP6 was released to win you over.
The features of the laptop are endless and they cater all and every need of a video editor. With 16 gigabytes of RAM, 6GB VRAM, and a quad-core processor, the laptop is capable of unimaginable wonders. From editing to designing, from rendering to watching, the possibilities are endless.
With a crisp display, increased depth of view, excellent color display, and many other display factors, your videos will feature far more as you will be able to pick apart the smaller segments and make sure they look good on all screens.
Although the storage medium includes a single SSD, you can still upgrade it with a hard disk drive and store more data.
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700 HQ (2.8GHz/3.8GHz) Quad Core
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz (2 DIMM)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics; 6GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Hard Drive: 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 solid-state drive
- Display: 17.3’’ Full HD IPS 60Hz LED Anti-glare display (1920×1080)
- Optional 7th Gen Quad Core i7-7700HQ or Hexa Core i7-8750H Processor + Genuine...
- Up to 6GB GDDR5 VRAM Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics & 32GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- Choose your display refresh rate - 60Hz for Daily Performance Users or 144Hz for...
6: OMEN by HP 2018 15
Sacrificing performance is now a myth as OMEN resolves all performance limitations because of hardware and provides the user with an amazing experience when editing videos.
The 15.6-inch display with the IPS technology is an excellent addition as it allows users to enjoy their video editing process in full-screen mode without a second’s delay.
A more powerful graphics card is running behind the display capabilities which makes it all possible. The GeForce GTX 1060 and that too with a VRAM of 6GB is the finest thing to have been in this laptop. Surely you would have experience performance bottlenecks, unlimited crashes, memory errors, and other similar errors. But, with the 16GB RAM and the GTX 1060, these errors are long gone.
Not only these but, the processing powers of the HP Omen system are also phenomenal and can be boosted enormously. With the processing speed capped at 4.1 GHz, your system will be a beast when it comes to graphics, videos, and movies.
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-875H, 6 Cores, 2.2GHz up to 4.1 GHz
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 – 2666 MHz SDRAM (Upgradable)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060; 6GB GDDR5 dedicated
- Hard drive: 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 solid state drive + 1TB SATA hard disk (7200RPM)
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920×1080)
- Play the latest games, including Fortnite, PUBG, and Overwatch, from...
- 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz...
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated). VR READY. 15.6-inch diagonal FHD...
7: Apple MacBook Pro (15”) (Best Laptop For Adobe Premiere)
MacBook Pro is one of the oldest additions to Apple’s line of products and has been here for quite some time. Let’s see if it’s the right fit for editors.
The first feature for designers is the Retina display which allows the elements on the screen to transition seamlessly and the animation is so silky smooth you will definitely love it. A great addition to the display features? The Touch Bar! Your productivity will see an obvious increase as you will be able to move elements on the screen with a touch of your finger.
Here’s something special:
Most laptops are equipped with a single graphics card, and well, they work fine. However, the Apple MacBook Pro is equipped with two graphics cards which work simultaneously. The auto-switching feature of the cards allows your graphics to transition from low to high depending on the type of quality needed. This doesn’t mean a decrease in the display, rather, it preserves some power, saves battery life, and shifts to the UHD 630 graphics card.
Apple MacBook is probably one of the best options for running Adobe Premiere, and it is clear with the amount of RAM, the processing power, and the functionality offered.
- Processor: 8th Generation 6-core Intel Core i7 2.2GHz, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
- RAM: 16GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon Pro 555X, 4GB GDDR5 VRAM + Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Auto switching)
- Hard drive: 256 GB SSD
- Display: 15.4” (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS tech, 2880×1800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID. Line voltage- 100V to 240V AC. Frequency- 50Hz to 60Hz....
- Radeon Pro 555X or 560X graphics with 4GB of video memory
8: GIGABYTE AERO 15-X9 (Expensive But Excellent Laptop)
The GIGABYTE Aero 15 X9 is one of its kind as it makes use of the RTX and Optimus technology from NVIDIA to make sure that your experience is the best you have ever had!
The laptop is designed with the mentality of ‘get work done!’ and opens the horizons for editors and designers to make use of the laptop however they want. With the installation of the RTX 2070, the displays are going to be far crispier than any other laptop and ensure the entertainment is doubled as it optimizes the display using its AI software.
With a monstrous 32GB of RAM and Intel’s i9 processor, this is hands down one of the best laptops to exist in the current market. Also, the laptop is not powered by a hard disk, rather, it comes pre-installed with a 1TB SSD which makes booting, loading, and fetching data from the drive super fast so you are never waiting!
Although the laptop is a bit pricey, it still tries to justify the price by packing an amazing list of features so you can make a jumpstart in your editing career or excel further in your editing career.
- Processor: Intel Core i9-8950HK (Ranges from 2.9Ghz up to 4.8GHz)
- RAM: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Samsung DRAM module
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GDDR6 8GB Supports NVIDIA Optimus technology
- Hard Drive: M.2 NVMe PCIe 1TB Intel 760P SSD
- Display: 15.6″ 3mm Ultra-thin bezel | AUO UHD Adobe RGB 100% 3840×2160 IPS Anti-Glare display LCD | X-Rite
- 15.6" 3mm Ultra-thin bezel | AUO UHD Adobe RGB 100% 3840x2160 IPS Anti-Glare...
- Intel Core i9-8950HK (2.9Ghz-4.8GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GDDR6 8GB...
- 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Samsung DRAM module | M.2 NVMe PCIe 1TB Intel 760P SSD |...
9: Acer Aspire E15 (Most Selling Laptop)
If you are in search of a laptop which fits your budget and still offers high-end quality and performance, the Acer Aspire E15 is the best laptop you can have.
With the inclusion of 8th generation Intel processors, the Acer Aspire E15 can get you started on the right path to video editing. The Quad Core processors when coupled with the 8GB of RAM, most of your editing software suites can run without a hassle.
Apart from the CPU and RAM, the laptop is assembled with a low to medium end graphics card from NVIDIA. Although it can’t take up GPU-intensive tasks like modeling and rendering (longer edits) that well, it can still mark checks on the checklist for the best laptop for video editors.
The most important feature of the Aspire E15 is battery life. With an optimized battery, it can offer up to 15 hours of uptime and can take on most of your tasks and projects with just a single charge.
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Quad-core (Up to 4.0GHz)
- RAM: 8GB dual channel memory DDR3
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX15 2GB DDR5
- Hard Drive: 256GB solid state drive
- Display: 15.6 inches, 1920×1080 pixels screen resolution
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (Up to 4.0GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD. Adapter: 65 Watts
10: Razer Blade 15: World’s
Last but not the least option for editors is the Razer Blade 15. The Blade 15 was built with portability, performance, and high-end functionality in mind and completely justifies the price of the product.
The laptop is equipped with 8th generation Intel processors which rank it high amongst the greatest laptops for video rendering. Complemented with this task-intensive CPU is the 16GB RAM and the GTX 1060 which deliver performance far better than any other laptop available in a similar price range.
To ensure an eye-pleasing experience, the Razer Blade 15 makes use of Full HD display which presents elements on the screen with a refresh rate of a whopping 144Hz, which makes it all look so smooth and clear. To add over this, the Blade 15 has another additional feature which outclasses it from the competition. It includes a mode where the 4K display can be enabled with a refresh rate of 60Hz. This is incredibly amazing if you want to experience your visuals in a completely new manner.
Keeping all this in mind, portability is a much-needed addition for editors. Pack your laptop up and edit on the go and your laptop won’t bother you, because the battery life of the laptop is optimized to stand long hours.
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6-core processor
- RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR4 2667MHz (expandable)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q Design
- Hard Drive: 256GB solid state drive + 2 TB hard disk drive
- Display: 15.6” Full HD edge-to-edge display (4.9mm bezels)
- DISPLAY: 15.6" Full HD edge-to-edge display (4.9mm bezels), factory color...
- GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q Design VR Ready graphics
- PROCESSOR: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core processor; 7.1 Codec support (via...
Factors to Consider for Selecting the Best Laptop for Adobe Premiere
The processor will impact on the time you take to edit a video to a large extent. With faster and better CPU, you can edit a video in a few hours which you used to edit in days previously. How fast you render videos and apply effects depends on the clock frequency of the CPU. The higher CPU comes with the better speeds and there is no limit to it.
The multi-core processors again yield better results for video editing and there is no limit to it. But in some cases, CPUs with a single core with the highest frequency perform better and in other cases, CPUs with multi-core support give better results for rendering. Because it mainly depends on the source of the footage.
To cut the long story short, go for a recent generation processor coming with the highest number of cores such as 4 or 6. According to us, an i7-7700HQ processor is a good option.
The RAM you need depends on the length of your footage and average cuts. You can leave more data in cache memory because your CPU will access the footage faster for processing.
For average cuts less than 60 minutes, 8GB RAM will work fine. For average cuts greater than 60 minutes, 16 GB is the way to go. But anything greater than 16 GB will not worth your investment with this usage. But if you have to use a lot of After Effects and external plugins, then 32 GB RAM is a good choice. Because After Effects will work smoothly for a project with this much memory.
We are sold on this idea that with a powerful combination of CPU and RAM, we will be able to edit videos at a very fast speed. But actually having a powerful combination of a good GPU and storage is a better idea as than having a high-end CPU and RAM as your footage will not be placed entirely into RAM.
You can go for 1 TB HDD as they are cheap with huge storage capacity but they are too slow for editing videos. In such situations, SSD’s come for help as they can perform read/write operations 17 times faster than a regular HDD. So always include an SSD in your system to achieve the desired performance.
So we recommend you go for a 512 GB SSD or 512 BG SSD with 1 TB HDD. This combination will allow you to take benefits of the huge storage capacity of HDD and the speed of SSD.
If you are not using heavy After Effects in your videos, you don’t need an additional or a powerful GPU. But if it is not the case, then you need to invest to get a reasonable GPU. If you are planning to attach an external monitor for higher resolution, you will have to get a powerful GPU.
High-end GPUs are recommended for exporting videos from a high to low resolution. You can generate Previews at 1080 faster with high-end GPUS. For editing of videos with 4K resolution, go for 9th and 10th generations GFX cards. GFX cards above 960M will offer good value to get your job done. If you have to choose GFX cards with the same models and different vRAMs, go for the card with the highest vRAM.
When it comes to the display of a laptop, you have limited configuration choices. If you prefer a laptop with perfect color space, you can consider the MacBook Pro. Laptops with IPS Panels are better than laptops with TN displays as former have perfect color space and better view angles.
The minimum recommended resolution is 1080p. Keep in mind that you don’t need a laptop with 4K display to edit 4K videos as Adobe Premiere itself will scale it down. The laptops with a 4K display only help to playback 4K videos. You need to focus on the color accuracy of your display. Most of the video editors invest in an external high-quality display for final touches and accuracy of the work.
We are done with our list of best laptops for Adobe Premiere. We have included laptops in our list which will not create a hole in your pocket and help you to get your job done. Which laptop are you going to buy? Let us know in the comments section.
If you have anything to ask or you want us to review a particular laptop, don’t hesitate, just drop your thoughts in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.